Re: Meetup of the Debian m68k people

Christian T. Steigies dixit:

>Or do you want to organize a
>hacking weekend? Travelling just for one beer is not very efficient, I
>think. But the Kiel meeting was supported by Debian, just like the sprints
>are nowadays.

I agree a meet’n’hack weekend would be nice.

As I’m short on travel funds but have access to rooms via
my employer, I’d volunteer organising a hacking weekend
in Bonn, if there is any interest. I’d be happy to join
in on the occasion, even though I’m not doing that much
for Debian/m68k any more. I’ve had experience organising
hacking days/evenings at that place. And we can certainly
have a barbecue, if people want ☺ otherwise… I know a fair
share of good (non-mediterran) gastronomy.

We have sort of network there (some amount of firewalling,
unfortunately) and lots of IT infrastructure (for borrowing
cables and the like). Enough space too, so we can really
get around to doing something. I can think of several things:
porting, bugfixing in general, making new base tarballs/images
(mine get old by now plus we have to make one for each init
system now), maybe even d-i finally (if Stephen and Wouter
help) with that debootstrap hack for “unreleased”?

Would be sort of nice to put faces to names, even though
I’d probably not recognise most people the next time we
meet (I’m bad with faces like that).

I’m even offering safe conduct to systemd fanboys… for
this occasion. ☻

bye,
//mirabilos
--
21:12⎜<Vutral> sogar bei opensolaris haben die von der community so
ziemlich jeden mist eingebaut │ man sollte unices nich so machen das