Re: m68k v3.16 status update

On 08.08.2014 11:38, Michael Schmitz wrote:

There's still the Amiga Zorro ESP patch out in limbo - DaveM suggested a change to enable SCSI-2 features to help with extended message bytes but that did not work as intended. Haven't had time to follow that one up. Tuomas' fix to the driver to bypass DMA for message in works OK though - do you want it submitted back to linux-scsi as is, or wait for a perfect solution (pun on me ...)?

Support for more Amiga ESP cards needs to be added (got dropped in overlapping edits between Tuomas and me, better to make a clean break there). More testers needed at any rate. Conclusion - I see good chances on the EtherNEC one, ditto on the EtherNAT if we can get it tested. Need to go back and check the FAT stuff but would suspect it is still needed - if no one but me needs this it could keep living in my local tree though.

Just to refresh your memory, the final fix was not to bypass DMA at any level (I did that for the command transfer, but that didn't help), but to have a dedicated slave_configure() function in the Amiga Zorro ESP driver that would not enable TCQ.

-Tuomas