Modern Kernels that can boot from IDE drive LC 630

I am now stuck booting Penguin in that I have no suitable kernel to boot my newly created linux partition. Using another computer and an IDE to usb adapter I moved all of the base.cow (http://people.debian.org/~tg/f/m68k/) onto an ext2 partition. The problem that arises is that the kernel on Thorsten's page refuses to boot past ABCEFJKI, the 2.6.21 (I think that's it) kernel that I was using to boot the etch iso is far too old (boots and claims to mount the partition as ext2 read only, but then has a kernel panic claiming that the kernel is too old), and the 3.14 kernel in the debian-ports repo outright crashes with a load of garbage (I can post it, but im not sure how to capture the log. Maybe a picture?).

If anyone has a working kernel for Penguin to boot into the base.cow, I would love them eternally.

Or help in general. I know when I am defeated.... ;)
Best,

Jesse Osiecki