libparted Atari partition table support

Hi!

While chatting with someone who was trying to install Linux onto his
ATARI Falcon 060, we stumbled into the task getting the hard disk
partitioned for the ATARI Falcon to be used.

Since I already successfully created an Amiga partition table with
the help of gparted and libparted, I thought it would be as easy as
that for ATARI partitions, too.

Unfortunately, libparted currently doesn't support ATARI partition
tables. However, there is a long-standing bug report open which
contains the necessary patches for libparted to support that [1].

Since we're in the process of reviving the m68k port of Debian,
I guess we should also put efforts into getting this patch finally
to upstream so people can prepare their ATARI hard disks on their
Linux PCs before using them in the ATARI or change partitions
once Linux is running on their ATARIs.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz