Re: Linux 3.1-2-m68k config (was: Re: Linux 3.10-2-m68k FPU support)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Finn Thain dixit:
>
> > ! multi_defconfig -----------------------------+
> > ! config-3.10-2-m68k ------------------------+ |
> > !                                            | |

> > ! CONFIG_FB_SYS_COPYAREA                   : m n
> > ! CONFIG_FB_SYS_FILLRECT                   : m n
> > ! CONFIG_FB_SYS_FOPS                       : m n
> > ! CONFIG_FB_SYS_IMAGEBLIT                  : m n
> >
> >Would this prevent the macfb framebuffer console from working in the
> >absence of kernel modules?
> >

> With the switch to initrd, absence of modules is simply no longer
> supported at all, period.

When something goes wrong, and the kernel messages aren't available to
tell you what went wrong, then you may lack the information you need to
support those things that you are willing to support.

Hence I was trying to find an explanation for the screen shot posted,
which says "console [tty0] enabled" even though the macfb console did not
appear.

> Besides, if multi_defconfig has it as "n"...

That should be OK; all of my test kernel configs also disable these
options.

Finn