Re: Zero Divide in Kernel 3.12-rc4

Ingo J�rgensmann dixit:

>Yesterday there were two media sense errors on /dev/sda on Spice
>(A3000/040 with Warpengine, so no ESP), but I guess that's a real

Try writing (512 bytes of zero) to those sectors, that often
triggers bad block reallocation. (It can’t do that on uncorrectable
read errors because it would damage data silently that way.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-