Re: Log for attempted build of gnupg2_2.0.21-2 on m68k (dist=unstable)

On 04-09-13 14:04, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
>> Eric Dorland dixit:

>>> Well that's a shame. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Only the really unconstructive one:
>>
>> Exclude the tests if DEB_BUILD_ARCH (not DEB_HOST_ARCH because the
>> slowness is a property of the system compiling the source) matches m68k.

Disabling tests is _never_ a good idea. Please don't suggest that.

>> Cc'ing the porters list for additional feedback, if any?
>
> How about a test for actual inactivity? (E.g. processes blocked for too
> long, or process cumulative CPU time not accumulating.)
>
> Or just make the timeout adjustable or optional. When was the last time
> you needed it?

It _is_ adjustable...

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/