Re: buildds screwed?

Am 18.05.2013 um 10:15 schrieb Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au>:

> I'd try to find a second, identical machine that gives different results,
> and start swapping or renewing components until you isolate the faulty
> part.

Arrakis and Kullervo are both identical. Both are A3000 desktops. Except maybe for the accelerator card (Cyberstorm Mk1 vs Mk2). And the errors happen on both machines. In fact they happen on all machines. Elgar seems to be hit not that often. Elgar is an A4000 desktop in a custom tower case, running on IDE disk instead of SCSI, which is faster/consumes less CPU cycles. So, it might be an SCSI issue, yes.

> You don't have to physically swap some components. E.g. if you suspect a
> problem with the disk controller/cables/drive, you could swap it for a RAM
> disk.

Hmmm, well, all these machines only have 128 MB RAM. Using a RAM disk will be, well, difficult. ;)

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc