Re: ice, segfault, ...

On 2013-05-07 10:23, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

Can we be sure that packages that build fine are actually ok, or may there be hidden problems in them? After all, I do not test every package that kullervo is building. Do we have any way to check this? As Ingo alreay noted, sometimes the errors come in bunches, maybe during times of high load or heavy swap use. Maybe there is some test program (memtest?) with which we can reproduce these errors to finally track them down? Or is this just
kullervo getting old?

I'm getting the very same issues with completely new RAM. So I doubt that the RAM is faulty.

Getting old might happen, though. Capacitors will dry out when getting old. But usually this mainly applies when powering the machine off/on again. And I doubt that all real hardware buildds suddenly suffer from the same problem while there's no such problem when running under etch-m68k.

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.