Re: The future of an SCC that has been given up on

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM, schmitz
<schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
>> need to instruct my parents to boot into rescue system and fsck the
>> filesystem manually or restore the backup. But apart from that it could be
>> used as well.
>>

> Yuck - that sounds bad. But sometimes you can end up with very little actual
> damage after a session of keeping the 'y' key pressed for as long as it
> takes to complete a manual fsck. Might be worth a try.

>From e2fsck(8):

       -y     Assume  an  answer of `yes' to all questions; allows
e2fsck to be used non-interac-
              tively.  This option may not be specified at the same
time as the -n or -p options.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds