Re: Has anyone successfully bootstrapped gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

Vaugha Brewchuk dixit:

>it and see what happens. Unfortunately I will not know for at least 12
>hours what the outcome is :-). Yes, just the genattrtab takes over 9.5
>hours to execute on a 33 MHz 68040. It is an exercise in patience and
>a humbling reminder of the years gone by.

Don’t worry, it’s the same for me ever since gcc-4.4 appeared.
To make things worse, a Debian package is normally built with
a full three-stage bootstrap and thus takes 3-4 days to compile
everything (C, C++, ObjC/ObjC++, Fortran languages only). And
that’s on a fast emulated Atari… makes me wish for one of these
several 100 MHz Coldfires with MMU, except that effort to make
the Debian/m68k port usable on both seems not have gone far yet.

Look also at the config/{,*/}t-* files. They control (among
other things) what goes into libgcc. Might also want to talk
to Vincent who’s done the MiNT port.

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
[00:02] <Vutral> gecko: benutzt du emacs ?
[00:03] <gecko> nö          [00:03] <gecko> nur n normalen mac