Re: Has anyone successfully bootstrapped gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Vaugha Brewchuk wrote:

> ... And hence my question: has anyone successfully bootstrapped
> gcc-4.6.3 on m68k?

No, I've never bootstrapped gcc on m68k, but I've seen ICEs with cross
compilers over the years.

> ... I also wonder whether perhaps a different gcc-4 version is a better
> starting point for the NeXT?

For m68k-linux, gcc 3.3 was basically free of ICEs as I recall. (I can't
tell from your email whether it was 4.6 or 3.2 that ICE'd.)

So you might have more luck building gcc 3.3 using your gcc 3.2 compiler,
and then building 4.x using 3.3.

You may end up building 4.6 using 4.4 (which is how Debian did it).

Finn