Re: [RFC] m68k: Update defconfigs

On 01/05/12 09:52, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 23:22, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
>> Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:
>>
>>>    CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE                : y . . . . . . . . . . y
>> This is something I'd like to see, if it is possible from
>> the hardware: ARAnym’s emulated parallel port for debugging
>> is unidirectional (printing only), so, in headless mode,
>> you get no console at all (for logging in to fix the network,
>> see that it hangs in fsck, etc).
> I think ARAnyM's emulated serial port can do this, but we no longer have
> an Atari SCC driver.
>
> Finn, Michael: as pmaczilog uses platform devices, it can be made to work
> on Atari, too?
>
>> Do the other devices not have a serial port?
> We lost all serial drivers during the last few years, except for
> amiserial (which
> we may loose in the future, too, as it does things the serial core people
> don't like / consider unsafe).

Yikes,

When trying to bring up the TT and getting vertical lines (which appears
to be known about given the info on the wiki with lots of TTRAM ?), I
tried to use serial console only to find that atari_scc.c is no more. :-(

It would certainly be wonderful to have atari_scc.c back.

Any other alternatives for console debugging on physical Atari ?

Alan.