Re: Atari TT

Alan Hourihane píše v Wed 04. 01. 2012 v 20:43 +0000:

> >> The kernel, framebuffer, several I/O buffers, and probably
> >> the ramdisc and what’s left from TOS/GEM before Linux takes
> >> over all has to fit into it.
> >>
> >> I can verify that Linux 2.6.39 and 3.0 do NOT boot with only
> >> 4 MiB of ST-RAM.
> >>
> > Ouch. Is it not possible to load all of this into TT RAM ?

It should be but there can be issues with that.

> O.k. there's the -s flag which tells the kernel to load into ST-RAM, so
> I'm assuming omitting that loads the kernel into TT-RAM.

Nope. There's another flag '-t' that tells the bootstrap to load kernel
and/or ramdisk to the TT-RAM. If you omit both these parameters then
there's some auto-detection going on, IIRC. Not sure what are the
defaults so simply go ahead with the -t. It's been more than a decade
when I last hacked on the bootstrap so forgive any inaccurate
information, please.

Petr