Re: mac kernel issues (was Re: nbd vs. failing HDDs)

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, I wrote:

> The top of the list of my priorities are the devices marked borken on
> the machine status page. That's basically v1 PMU and Egret ADB (broken
> since 2.2 and flaky even back then) and, as dicussed, NCR5380 SCSI.

I found the problem with mac_scsi on machines with quadra-style VIA2. I
will send a patch. And it seems to work reasonably well on OSS and RBV
already, so I guess the machine status page is wrong.

> ...Also nubus needs to get a proper device driver model implementation.

Do you happen to know whether there's any activity within the nubus/pmac
port towards this?

Finn