Re: d-i built (but not tested)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Stephen R. Marenka wrote:

> On Thu, August 11, 2011 8:51 am, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 01:48:31PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
>
> > I was under the impression that we had at least one flavour which
> > would allow you to install by downloading stuff from the internet, as
> > in the netboot option, without requiring the use of a local ISO, but
> > I'm not sure which variant that would be.
> >
> > Stephen? Do you have any idea? Or am I just dreaming here?
>
> IIRC that would be nativehd.

It seems that you recall correctly. Googling "nativehd" shows mailing list
posts confirming it.

> Is the network operational?

It isn't detected or configured but the installer doesn't attempt either.
But the network does operate when I do this:

ip link set up dev eth0
ip addr add 10.2.3.4/24 dev eth0
ip route add default via 10.2.3.1

(and adding a /etc/resolv.conf with a nameservers line helps of course)

Finn