Re: gas: fails to assemble attached file

Hi,

Wouter Verhelst wrote, a little more than 4 years ago:

> as -I/home/wouter/emile/first --defsym SCSI_SUPPORT=1 -o first_scsi.o first.S
> first.S: Assembler messages:
> first.S:23: Error: selected processor does not have all features of selected architecture
>
> Line 23 contains:
>
> Entry:		bra	start			/* entry point to bootcode */
>
> Which used to work with previous versions of gas; 'bra' is an
> instruction that should exist on all 680x0 processors (unless I'm on
> crack).

The first.S file is at [1].

68k porters, could you try this with a recent binutils and report back
to 388098@bugs.debian.org?  Alternatively, I'd be happy to look into
this myself, given a d-i image that works on typical emulators or ssh
access to an m68k machine.  Here's a just-generated ssh key to give
access in case someone wants to go that way.

 ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDB96vFpy2qgdN9qZwhXEX1IKZogR45IrXNpq5KY8/CWGV3E8nbJz/CNZBowsFCE8BIvzeR8vC5HRSnnZ7zvBZ9/dEMXBs0QLoieDQ/cXi2xaOBxqUywuThmSUHLHSYntnIQZ8zzQ0MCLSfAX6P7C/wxcZLPSPqB3qoV+ATQ0Y5dpiXMKFDhTt70u0O/3bqhxAUHla5MXRDmmPnSa+2drbtG8m1A6K2FqUrMDTFqH2HPEWqnqCB4nkdEJRbnhY+3RtZjSkRhgwZqcGzxzO7A4StSbSbQkmRYG3kBCzwNQo16/DVDeffOOCo1JFnmqdfapiT3diZ86SZRIn7FbRboAf/ jrnieder@elie

Thanks and sorry for the long silence.
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=5;filename=first.S;att=1;bug=388098