Re: GCC-4.5 as the default for (at least some) architectures

On 2 March 2011 03:34, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> wrote:
I'll make gcc-4.5 the default for (at least some) architectures within the next
two weeks before more transitions start.  GCC-4.5 is already used as the default
compiler for almost any other distribution, so there shouldn't be many surprises
on at least the common architectures.  About 50% of the build failures exposed
by GCC-4.5 are fixed [1].  I didn't see issues on amd64 and i386, armel
(although optimized for a different processor) and powerpc (some object files
linked into shared libs had to be built as pic).

As the maintainer file for the ports in GCC is a bit outdated, I'd like to ask
which architectures should do the switch together with the four architectures
mentioned above, and which not, and which ones should be better delayed, or dropped.

Could you add armhf to the list?

Konstantinos