Re: gcc-4.4 buildd failures

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> gcc-4.4 FTBFS on m68k only. Joy.
>
> [0] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=gcc-4.4
>
> The final error hidden away in config.log is
>
> | xgcc: Internal error: no multiarch mapping for multilib (m68040)

I had to drop multiarch-include.dpatch in order to build my
gcc-4.2_4.2.4-6 cross compiler (I used debian sources though I didn't
build it on debian). I think that error message comes from the code path
introduced by that patch. I haven't looked at gcc 4.4 though. (Maybe the
patch went upstream?) Anyway, ISTR that the SH architecture omits this
patch (from gcc 4.2).

Finn