Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.28

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 13:24, Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 07:37:29AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>> > Maybe you'll have better luck than I with that approach. :)
>>
>> My understanding of git is still woefully limited.
>
> Mine too. Things like this seem to be driving me forward though.
>
>> Just to be clear on this - the plan is to replace the old quilt based patch
>> series with a git based one, right?
>
> Geert doesn't do quilt any more. So we need a workflow that pulls
> the patches we want (for some definition) from Geert's repo and
> updates the debian kernel package.

I plan to create a special `queue' branch for that. But probably that
won't happen
before 2.6.29.

> We need to make sure we have all the aranym patches too, since I don't
> think they've gone upstream. I don't know if they're all in his git
> or not.

The ARAnyM patches should are in my git tree.

BTW, I noticed I spoke rubbish: my m68k-v2.6.28 branch does have all
the m68k patches.
It's just not so easy to extract them as patches, as this is a
`continuous development branch'.
Should be easier once I have a proper `queue' branch.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

			Geert (also thinking hard about proper git workflows, both at home
and at work ;-)

							    -- Linus Torvalds