debian on A1200 and 3c589 pcmcia network card

Hi, i'm new here. I managed today to install debian on my A1200 machine ^^ with this howto:

http://www.linux-m68k.org/debian-amiga.html

Linux works fine, but not the network. I have 3com EtherLink III pcmcia lan card, witch works fine under AmigaOS with 3c589.device.

this http://www.g-mb.de/pcmcia_e.html list shows that card isn't compatibile. Is any way to have network with this card with debian? Maybe with a newer one. It seems i have installed debian 2.1. Am I right?