Re: Xorg on m68k

	Hi Michael,

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Finally I managed to get fbset and fbtest (from sf.net CVS) through the network
> > into my virtual Atari. I fixed 2 brown paper bag bugs in fbtest, which now
> > works fine in all modes (interleaved bitplanes at 1/2/4/8 bpp and packed pixels
> > at 16 bpp).  So in theory, X should work in 16 bpp mode, too.
>
> Where can I find the fixed fbtest version?

cvsroot :ext:<user>@linux-fbdev.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linux-fbdev
module FBdev/utlilities/fbtest

> Maybe switching a text console to 16bit with fbset could help me testing
> the 1bit console code.

For testing, I added the following `null' video mode to /etc/fb.modes:

    mode "null"
	geometry 1 1 1 1 0
	timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    endmode

After that, you can try 16 bpp using

    fbset null -xres 320 -yres 240 -depth 16

thanks to the fbdev rule that says modes should be rounded up if they
don't match.

BTW, last week I looked a bit more into xorg. There seem to be some
serious bugs w.r.t. proper fbdev handling (that is, for the exotic case of
something different than 8/16/32 bpp packed pixels). I fixed a few of them,
but it still crashed. Needs some more investigation...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds