Re: Crest, Kullervo & DSA

Hi,

> > What happened to kullervo and crest? I got a reboot notice from crest but
> > kullervo is AWOL ...
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> | Wed Nov 19 10:58:57 2008: Request 905 was acted upon.
> | Transaction: Ticket created by weasel
> |        Queue: DSA
> |      Subject: kullervo down
> |        Owner: Nobody
> |   Requestors: weasel@debian.org
> |  Ticket <URL: https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=905 >
> |

> | kullervo failed to return monday after I did some cleanups (mostly
> | remove ancient and unowned files) and moved the buildd user to a
> | different uidnumber.

And this involved a reboot, or was it just hanging out of the blue?

> | First suspect was hanging in fsck, but apparently it has been reset to
> | no avail. A monitor was attached but no output whatsoever seen.  More on
> | Friday.
> |
> | Wed 10:49:18 <ij> weasel: die technik war gestern kurz vor ort und hat
> | kullervo resetted, allerdings kommt auch kein bild auf dem monitor und
> | nen serielles kabel hatte derjenige nicht dabei
> | Wed 10:50:01 <ij> weasel: die schauen freitag nochmal drauf...

My guess would be the boot disk has given up.

Kullervo had an original Amiga monitor attached so there should always be some
output without working boot disk even. I'm not sure the VGA port can be expected
to be active.

The power switch needs careful handling IIRC - if the cover isn't fitted right
it won't work.

I've never had trouble with kullervo needing boards reseated and such - that
was crest's part.

Sorry, not much I can do from over here.