Crest, Kullervo & security

Hi!

Some time ago Peter Palfrader from DSA asked me by mail how to proceed with
Crest & Kullervo. He would like to get rid off it (DSA-wise) and hand it
over to us.
I mentioned this issue shortly during the Kiel Meeting and said that I would
like to have at least one DD-accessible machine for all DDs under DSA
control. Or at least using the LDAP from Debian.

Another point is security support. Kullervo was used as a security buildd as
well. Are there other security buildds? Do we need to rebuild security since
we are now on debian-ports? How are security builds handled at the moment?

My impression is that DSA wants to get rid off m68k because it's too slow,
but having a DD accessible machine would be good for us. So, maybe if we can
manage security for Crest and its chroots we could still use Debian LDAP but
DSA would not need to care about m68k anymore? Would that be possible?

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc