Re: Reviewing data in the debian-cd packages

Hi,

I'll have to let Christian answer for the licensing of
cts_amiga_info.tar.gz. The rest of the amiga icons are in the d-i
repo. If these have clear licensing (I'm pretty sure they do) then
we should probably move them there too.

As I recall they were created either by or for Christian to use with
debian-cd. I don't believe they have a source form.

IIRC the initial .info files (icon data needed by AmigaOS in order to start particular install shell scripts) were created by Frank Neumann. The others are by Christian. All were intended for distribution with the install CDs (but Christian should perhaps confirm that). My impression was that these files are created by some sort of resource editor which is part of AmigaOS, so there's no source (though the file format should not be too difficult to reverse engineer).

They probably shouldn't be living in tar archives anyway. :)

Perhaps not - there may be special permissions required for these files to be properly recognized, though (at least that's the case for start scripts).

Christian has written a boot script that can fall back to a known good kernel
on unsuccessful boot, maybe that can be added to whatever package gets to provide the icon files as well?