Re: Adopters for m68k specific packages?

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 05:36:08AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> While I was going through the list of orphaned packages which
>> have not a correct maintainer field yet (i.e.
>> http://qa.debian.org/orphaned.html) I noticed three fairly
>> m68k specific packages are on the list:
>>
>> atari-fdisk
>> nvram
>> setsccserial
>>
>> I thought before I try to compile them on crest myself I might ask
>> if maybe anyone on this list would be interested in adopting them.
>
> Sigh - seems like Christian and I are the logical suspects... I'll take a
> look at them. setsccserial in its current state will only be useful for
> 2.2.x kernels, that much I can say without looking at the code (i.e., I
> removed the necessary ioctls while rewriting the kernel driver for 2.4
> and later). nvram and atari-fdisk may still be useful (what take have the
> installer people on the latter?).

I'd like to keep atari-fdisk around at least until we're sure parted can
really replace it and everyone be comfortable if not happy. If
necessary, I can take it. It can't be stranger than me working on
atari-bootstrap. ;)

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>