Re: [buildd] Crest, Kullervo & Elgar

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 04:15:32PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> As already announced earlier, Crest and Kullervo will be moved to a new data
> center as of tomorrow afternoon (let's assume 12 a.m. until 21 p.m. local
> time (CEST)).
> Elgar will be moved to that data center as well.

Well, short version: it's done!

Long version:
Shortly after 16:00 CEST we (NMMN worker & myself) met at the data center
and moved the machines to their new place. After putting them into the rack,
machines were powered on and booted.
Everything went fine, except for our problem child Crest. It needs some
extra loving after movements (reseating CPU card etc.) and then it decided
to fsck its partitions very carefully - which lasted some hours and was not
without problems. That is: /dev/sda7 had many, many errors and lots of stuff
was moved to lost+found. So I guess that some chroots need to be
reinstalled.
Fixing the SSH issue was some kind of problematic, but with the great help
from Christian we were able to log in and fix that issue. At approx. 20:45
Crest was rebooted again to see if it's coming up without problem which it
did, except that it wanted to fsck its partitions *again*.
We decided that it will succeed with fscking those and left the building. ;)

Thanks again to Andreas from NMMN, Christian in helping with the login
issue and NMMN for hosting three 060 m68ks now! :-)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc