Re: latest cdimage?

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 04:35:08PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > >
> > > Probably no easy hook for this outside the installer. Can amiboot not be
> > > fixed? Anyone?
> >
> > I'll try to put it on my list...
> >
> > Fortunately I can run it under UAE ;-)
>
> I'd forgotten about UAE, how far does it boot?

As stock UAE has no MMU support: not far.

I've just noticed somebody attached the UAE-MMU-patch to the UAE package
on bugs.debian.org, but I haven't tried it yet.

JFYI, I had no problems compressing my old 2.6.8.1 uClinux kernel image
and booting it with a uC-enabled Amiboot under UAE. So it needs more
investigation...

BTW, UAE in Debian works fine, but the Ubuntu one didn't work well on my
(64-bit) laptop: it ran way too fast, making it impossible to double-click and
very hard to use the keyboard. AmigaOS clock showed me a seconds hand
running around like mad (ca. 25 times too fast)...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds