Re: glibc progress?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> The current situation for m68k (with us not being able to update past
> glibc 2.6, IIRC)

Do you mean 2.3.6? Or did 2.4 for m68k actually happen?

> is very likely to be a dead blow to the m68k port if that isn't fixed
> soon. I don't want to push that forward myself, so here's an offer for
> help, if help is needed :)

And not just for debian, but for linux/m68k in general.

Maybe one should start looking at uClibc? It kind of makes sense since our
old m68k systems have move in common with embedded hardware than current
"modern" desktop/server systems.

-- kolla