Fwd: Offering powerbook duo 230

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ian Strom <macjunky@uniserve.com>
Date: Nov 28, 2007 2:33 AM
Subject: Re: Offering powerbook duo 230
To: Brian Morris <cymraegish@gmail.com>

If you really have to you *should* be able to use up to a "Yo-
Yo" (clear&round w/ silver inserts) with a Duo. I do know that a
"Macintosh PowerBook Duo AC Adapter" model number M7783 can be used
with G3 PowerBooks so the other way around should work as well.

On a side note, I would not recommend a Duo adapter for use with a G3
PowerBook unless it is an emergency. It will power the G3 but if you
have it running full throttle while using the HD and CardBus cards,
just spinning up a CD can push the adapter too far (causing power
loss). So if you do find yourself with that as your only option try
not to over do it. Ok, I admit while I was using that adapter for at
least a year or something I only lost power something like 5-7 times
if I recall but still, not all power adapters are the same regardless
of model so just be careful.