Re: m68k is not supported in glibc (fwd)

> stephen@marenka.net a écrit :
> > Package: glibc
> > Version: 2.6.1-5
> > Severity: important
> >

> > glibc fails to build from source on m68k due to missing lowlevellock.h.
> >

> lowlevellock.h is only the top of the iceberg. m68k is completely
> unsupported upstream and doesn't have TLS support. We (the glibc team)
> do not plan to work on that. Patches are welcome though.

FWIW, I recently tried building glibc-2.5-11 but it has a problem with
semaphore.h that appears to be linuxthreads related. I was able to fix the
build but that header was omitted from the installation, causing userspace
breakage. I never resolved that, and I don't know whether glibc 2.5 is
adequate for Debian 5.0. I know precious little about glibc hacking and
I'm still working on drivers so I gave up on it.

The gentoo portage tree has:

glibc-2.2.5-r10.ebuild
glibc-2.3.2-r12.ebuild
glibc-2.3.5-r3.ebuild
glibc-2.3.6-r4.ebuild
glibc-2.3.6-r5.ebuild
glibc-2.4-r4.ebuild
glibc-2.5-r2.ebuild
glibc-2.5-r3.ebuild
glibc-2.5-r4.ebuild
glibc-2.5.1.ebuild
glibc-2.6.ebuild
glibc-2.6.1.ebuild

Has anyone tried these ebuilds on m68k? Maybe they have patches.

-f