Re: Coldfire exlerator card

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Brian Morris wrote:

> its stuck because it glibc2.6 is in testing/Lenny now in the other
> architectures. That happened in June. (2.5 was in m68k and that was it).

You're talking about linuxthreads (not NPTL).

> you are right there is no connection. Well except there is are
> confusions about the compiler, that can't help. there have to be some
> issues about mixing compiler versions that should not have to be
> additional complication for those working on the glibc2.6. It is not
> meant to be build with gcc3.3 is it ?

Neither was glibc 2.5, but that was built ok with gcc 4:

http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=glibc&ver=2.5-2&arch=m68k&file=log

The build failure for 2.6.1 is not a (backend) compiler bug:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=glibc&ver=2.6.1-2&arch=m68k&stamp=1188848345&file=log

Why speculate about the compiler? If glibc-2.3.6 in etch-m68k doesn't work
for you, then I'd be interested...

Having said that, I do have an issue with the compiler, but it hasn't yet
been nailed down to a simple test case yet, so at this stage it may or may
not be a regression.

-f