Re: Do you ant to play with a floppy ?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Laurent Vivier wrote:

> > I have dowloaded the cvs sources because that was
> > reccommended I think as the best and simplest way to
> > try and use gcc4.1. I *think* this is maintained by geert
> > who claimed he had built 68k kernel with gcc4.1 since
> > last november.
>
> In fact, yesterday I booted a 2.6.22.6 from kernel.org (built with gcc 3.4)

I havent been paying attention, didnt know that compiling with newer gcc
was supposedly a problem... ignorance is bliss and all that. :)

chetter ~ # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.22-m68k (root@chetter) (gcc version 4.2.0 (Gentoo 4.2.0 p1.4)) #1 Sat Aug 25 11:02:21 CEST 2007

I use this kernel on both my amigas.

The only unusual aspect here is that I didnt bother cross-compiling this
time (I let it compile over night, took about 9 hours).

-- kolla