Re: meeting?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 02:32:49PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 03:41:07AM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> > I think it would be interesting to have some sort of autonomous
> > program that would just run and evolve itself. I guess there
> > are some issues about entropy. you have to feed it some data.
> > one advantage of old 68k is they are low power, although slow
> > of course, the 605 is I think about 25 watt.  my powerbooks are also
> > pretty low power but they do get hot after a few hours.
>
> Low power? Not when I look at my electricity bill. I think the powersupply
> in my Amiga is rated for 120W, maybe more?

But you'll only need that much if you have lots of power consuming
Zorro-boards or harddisks. My server (Amiga 1200, 030@50MHz, 130MiB RAM,
PCMCIA Ethernet) runs on the original 22W power supply, using 17W (AC).

Greetings,

Rolf
--
gpg public key: http://www-2.physik.uni-augsburg.de/~andersro/gpg-key.txt