Re: etch-m68k security update

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 08:50:41PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 11:30:34PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> >
> > Any suggestion concerning what I should do with them ?
>
> Upload them to etch-m68k. That or we need to get the security people to
> create us a distribution. I think the former is easier.

Uploading them to etch-m68 is not possible: it is a binary-only upload
of different source version than the one in the Source file.
And we should stay identical to etch if we hope to be merged again.

However I will be able to upload most of them to the 4.0r1 update.

> > There has been a linux-2.6 security update. Was it build for m68k or
> > should I do it as well ?
>
> Christian?
>
> If it's not in etch-m68k, I think it's safe to build.

ISTR that it was cross-compiled. However it use gcc-3.3. Are the gcc-3.3
cross-compiler available somewhere ? I would very much like to install
in my distcc setup.

> > Beside packages build-depending on mysql, it now only remains to build
> > etch-proposed-updates, AFAIK.
>
> Cool.

This is done with the caveats of the mysql build-deps, of linux-2.6 and
of debian-installer related packages.

Should I build the debian-installer related packages ? Is there plan for
a m68k d-i update ?

Finally: etch 4.0r1 will be released soon. This would be a great time to
start security update, so that we are in a good position to ask for
inclusion in 4.0r2. We need to set it up as soon as possible.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.