Re: netfilter unavailable

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 05:48:05PM -0400, L Moore wrote:
I downloaded the source from etch-m68k for iptables-1.3.6.0
but "make build" expects sgml2html and errors out. Any
suggestions?
Thanks, larry

Is linuxdoc-tools installed?
Debian packages list their build-depends. That's usually a good place to
start when building a debian package (e.g., apt-cache showsrc $pkg |
grep Build-Dep or look in the .dsc file that was sitting next to the
source and maybe diff file).

FWIW, I usually try apt-get source $pkg && dpkg-buildpackage -B to make sure I can build a new package just like the old one before I try messing around with it.

That or I follow what the maintainer did in debian/rules for
binary-arch.

how about "apt-get build-dep iptables" ?

Petr