Re: Installing Etch on A1200 with blizzard 1230mkIV update

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:41:13AM +0200, rvalles wrote:
> I've done tons of tests. At the end, it seems the 2.6.18-4 kernel image
> just won't accept any initrd, even the old ones.

Bummer. Maybe one of ya'll amiga guys can confirm?

> On the other hand, vmlinuz-2.4.27-amiga from stable does work with any
> of the initrds, from stable or unstable. Maybe it's just that the
> 2.6.18-4 kernel image for amiga is broken and nobody noticed up until
> now; I don't have older images to try, or linux-capable amiga equipment
> other than my blizzard 1230mkIV, therefore I cannot do any more tests.
>
> If I'm left with no option, in a few days I'll use 2.4 to partition
> the drive and create the filesystems, then unpack unstable's base
> tarball to some partition and boot it using 2.6.18-4, which seems to
> work besides the initrd issue.

If 2.4 works for you, I'd be inclined to install with d-i from sarge.
There's not really an unstable base tarball any more (unless you make
your own).

I'm not sure how well 2.4 would work with the etch installer any more.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>