3c589 // PCMCIA 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589EC

The only means of TCP/IP communication with the external world on my
Amiga is a "3Com Megahertz 3CXE589EC", a 3c589 based PCMCIA ethernet
card.

It seems the module isn't in the stable or unstable nativehd initrds.

A bit of searching let me find this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-m68k@vger.kernel.org/msg00036.html

In this post it seems he managed to make it work on Linux:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-m68k@vger.kernel.org/msg00044.html

What is the current Linux status of this chip/card on Amiga, what
should I do to make it work?
--
- Do you study theories? - Oh yes! Theories are fun. - How do you use them? - When I must act, theories are too slow. To act, I must know.