Re: m68k build for core++/cgal (non-free)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 08:02:15PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> non-free packages are not generally autobuilt. I recall something about
> an effort to autobuild certain non-free packages, but I don't recall the
> details.
>
> I'm cc'ing debian-68k, someone there likely knows more than I.

There are efforts to build some parts of non-free on some architectures
in coordination with the experimental buildd stuff (as in, they use the
experimental autobuilders for that).

In the case of m68k, I chose not to build them; there's so much work in
trying to build experimental and sarge-volatile on that infrastructure,
that trying to add non-free to that mixture is not going to be very
helpful.

and that's ignoring the fact that personally, I'm not interested in
non-free, at all.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22