Re: emulation has fewer bugs than certain hardware

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:19:25AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > Hmmm, sort of...
> > http://unstable.buildd.net/index-m68k.html shows some rough build time
> > estimation for all packages in needs-build:
> Well, what we'd need is twofold: a way to query that database for the
> estimated build time of package X, and a way to correct for the various
> build speeds on different hardware, for the time estimate to be
> meaningful.

Yes, as I said: the current statistic functions are far away from being
good. ;)

> I'm sure you can provide query access easily. Normalization of build time
> needs to be done from scratch, perhaps.

Yes, query access is quite simple: you will just need a static IP address I
can add to the iptables and pg_hba.conf.
For the rest someone with knowledge about normalization and statistics would
be nice to have... ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc