Re: Trying to install 3.1r5 on Amiga 4000T

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 06:21:40PM +0100, Daniele Gratteri wrote:
> Brian Morris ha scritto:
> >where did you get your installation media and what version is it
> >Debian3.1 Sarge or Debian4.0Etch ?
> Excuse me, I wrote it in the subject but it is not very readable :(
> It is Debian 3.1 R5, so a Sarge release, downloaded from the Debian
> site, and it is the "netinstall" CD image since I have an Ethernet card
> and planned to do that kind of installation process.
> >If you are having trouble just to get started i would suggest
> >sarge, you can always upgrade later. Etch is still pre-release/testing.
> Tried with it too and the Amiga booter won't even start to decompress
> the kernel on my machine (on AmigaOS, before actually booting Linux).
> >although i have mac68k, i did have some trouble with a scsi disk of
> >etch during testing last year, which took me a few reformat attempts.
> >some disks are pickier than others, if it is an old one.
> So it may be an hard disk related problem, not fully compatible with
> this Linux release?

Try to use an uncompressed kernel, it might be too big for amiboot. And also
try to use the generic install script, not the clgen one. On my machine, I
can not get the video modes of the PicassoIV to work, but this might be
because it is sitting on a ZorroII bus.

Christian