Re: Newbie installing Sarge on Amiga from CD

Zitat von Christer Oldhoff <coldhoff@swipnet.se>:

> At the point where partitions are prepared for Linux, I tried to get
> the installer to use 3 partitions I used a few years ago when doing a
> partial install of Woody (two ext2 and one swap partition).
> However, the installer found the old files and refused to continue,
> probably to prevent me from destroying an old installation.
>
> Is there an easy way to erase the data on these partitions?

Two ways:

either you will leave the Partitioning information intact, then you can
use "dd
if=/dev/null/ of=/dev/"name of partition here"" to overwrite every single byte
on the partition.

or you can easily delete the partitions with afdisk

Of course you have to pay attention when you use low-level tools like dd and
afdisk.

You need a shell to enter theese commands. You should be able to switch to a
second console by pushing Alt-F2 or you choose the option from the
install-menue.

Kind Regards

Andreas Obländer