Re: Hardware for Debian-68k

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 11:54:17PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello Debian-68k people,
>
> I get an offer for a Pentium 4/ 2400MHZ/ 1024Mb RAM
> for the Debian-68k port from Joerg.
>
> Given the spec, the machine can serve as a aranym buildd, a distcc
> server or both.
>
> So where do we host it ?
>
> Personnally I would favor a location where it can serve as
> a distcc server for real m68k buildds.

There *might* be some space in the room in our office, where it could
serve as a distcc server for quickstep and/or jazz. However,

* That room is already cramped and does not have airconditioning, which
  has already killed several hard disks in the past.
* Neither quickstep nor jazz currently are in the wanna-build ACL files
* Jazz is having stability issues with the kernel (it's a quadra 950,
  dunno whether that's expected?)

If there is no other (better) option, this might work.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22