Re: First package build on aranym+distcc+NFS

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> > Lets add firefox and perhaps ghc to that. My mac has network problems,
> > so using distcc there to build firefox is a no-go. And the amiga just
> > decided to crash after building ghc for four days. I am not sure if
> > distcc would help there, since it spends a lot of time running the just
> > built ghc.
>
> Arrakis crashed twice during the build of ghc6 as well, so I'd assume a
> more serious problem that results in crashes and is triggered by ghc6...

I managed to build ghc6_6.4.2-2, but it really took ages, it uses the -x
option a lot, so the compiling happens on the local machine and to make it
worse, it manages to trigger the 2.6 VM problems, so I had to compile it
under 2.4. Using a lot of memory should also help (> 256MB) otherwise it
spends a lot of time swapping.

bye, Roman