Re: First package build on aranym+distcc+NFS

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:12:51PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 06:42:06PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > I have successfully build the pari package on aranym in 1 hour 51 minutes,
> > (debuild -b -B build), using distcc+crosscc+NFS.
>
> Sweet!
>
> > Now if we want to go this route, we probably need to setup a system such
> > that gcc-cross is automatically rebuild and uploaded
> > to a repository each time a new gcc package is uploaded.
> > I can provide the repository for the time being.
> >
> > Since my setup is working well now, I offer to attempt to build others
> > packages you would like to try out.
>
> gnuradio-core
> mozilla
> blender

Lets add firefox and perhaps ghc to that. My mac has network problems, so
using distcc there to build firefox is a no-go. And the amiga just decided
to crash after building ghc for four days. I am not sure if distcc would
help there, since it spends a lot of time running the just built ghc.
Probably I should try to continue the build somehow...

Christian