Re: ICE on linux-2.6 (2.6.18, official debs)

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 06:43:22PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:

> > How do you build them for amd64? I tried building the toolchain-source
> > package for m68k-linux on amd64 but it failed. I also asked Hector
> > Oron (zumbi on irc) if he could build a toolchain from the new cross
> > toolchain repository and he also failed for amd64 (worked for i386
> > though).
>
> toolchain-source is pretty much obsolete, use the gcc and binutils source
> directly, both contain a README.cross on how to produce a cross compiler.

Right, this works very well. I did use cross-tool for a while, as described
somewhere on my webpages, but I switched to using the debian sources
recently. The instructions are so easy to follow, that even I could set it
up. But I am very interested to hear about the distcc setup. Did I
understand it right, that every distcc needs one m68k box and a fast
cross-compiler box? So even the slower macs could become really useful as
long as they have decent network hardware? Are the setup instructions
somewhere?

Christian