Re: ICE on linux-2.6 (2.6.18, official debs)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 06:43:22PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > > How do you build them for amd64? I tried building the toolchain-source
> > > package for m68k-linux on amd64 but it failed. I also asked Hector
> > > Oron (zumbi on irc) if he could build a toolchain from the new cross
> > > toolchain repository and he also failed for amd64 (worked for i386
> > > though).
> >
> > toolchain-source is pretty much obsolete, use the gcc and binutils source
> > directly, both contain a README.cross on how to produce a cross compiler.
>
> Right, this works very well. I did use cross-tool for a while, as described
> somewhere on my webpages, but I switched to using the debian sources
> recently. The instructions are so easy to follow, that even I could set it

Ah, so I will try that to build my next cross-compiler. Last time I tried
toolchain-source, it didn't work well (cfr. what I submitted to Debian's BTS).

> up. But I am very interested to hear about the distcc setup. Did I
> understand it right, that every distcc needs one m68k box and a fast
> cross-compiler box? So even the slower macs could become really useful as
> long as they have decent network hardware? Are the setup instructions
> somewhere?

Or no Mac, and  just a fast cross-compiler box, also running a virtual m68k
machine in ARAnyM :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds