Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

> > > The question is to know if it is ok to use emulators to build and upload
> > > packages?
> >
> > The m68k porters have been firmly against cross-compiling in the past,
> > it's their call on whether this sort of approach is suitable.
>
> Well, using an emulator as a buildd is generally not called cross-compiling,
> since you are running native code.

kernel cross compiling is easy; we've been doing this from day one. Cross
compiling isnt't the main issue either; rather running testsuites and
./configure.

> However I also experimented using a cross-compiler through the use
> of distcc. Results are on debian-68k archives and are positive.
> This would allow packages to build much more quickly.

The use of distcc (running ./configure and testsuites natively) would be
helpful indeed.