Re: First package build with aranym+distcc+crossgcc

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 10:03:20AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:42:31AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > I successfully build pari under aranym using distcc and gcc-cross
> > running on the host.
> > The full buildlog is available here:
> > <http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/misc/pari_2.3.1-2_m68k.build.distcc>
>
> Is that pbuilder or such? Have you tried to use buildd/sbuild with

No, it is debuild.

> distcc/crosscc? That would be my favourite solution because we can have the
> best of both worlds: when we have a huge backlog, we could set distcc to use
> a crosscc on a fast machine, when we're keeping up, we can built natively.
> Plus the advantage of running test suite natively on real m68ks.

I agree, that is why I am experimenting with it. We need to make sure
the cross-compiler does not introduce problems the real compiler does
not. Unfortunately I am off the net next week. I hope someone would
try this on a larger scale.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>