Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The reason we keep all architectures in sync is so that you end
> up running the same thing if you install "Debian" on any supported
> architecture. Otherwise you'd install "Debian" on i386 and have the
> latest features, but install "Debian" on alpha and have an older version
> of some packages with fewer features and different bugs that need to be
> worked around.

 AFAICT, http://amd64.debian.net is a project named "Debian AMD64"
 and has a dist named sarge and even uses .debian.org DNS for the CDs
 for example.

(Unless the website was updated after the move of AMD64 to the archive.)
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>